I'm here for you

RILEYAUTO@COMCAST.NET 1-800-530-7636 9-5 mt M-F

Friday, September 21, 2012

One of a kind

Last week was the "Colorado Grand" a 1000 mile rally event for early sports car and racers.
I was involved in a small way.We supplied all new brakes for the Tommy Lee Special.
The drummer for Motley Crue...no.
It is a one of a kind car built for the playboy in 1936 with Ford,Cord,Cadillac parts
And powered by a Offie engine.
I've known about and admired this car for the last 30? years.
Got to meet the new owner Fred from Canada ,great guy,very friendly and personable.
I even sat in the car.I would never do that.But this time...glad I did. (didn't fit very well)

I overheard someone say,"my friend has two of these"
louvers a after thought? The hammer welding on the
bottom side was super,didn't show up well in pic.
the rear fenders are breath taking
or maybe it was the altitude? 8000FT
DuValls very first windshield
let's go fishing
long hood swoopy fenders to the extreme
coming atcha !
Style
Steve and I had fun figuring out how the grill was made
I always thought it was a cast piece,it's not
Can you spell Offenhauser ?
Cadillac banjo wheel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something you want to add to one of my fantastic blog posts?
I need to approve it first.But go ahead chime in.
eriC