I'm here for you

RILEYAUTO@COMCAST.NET 1-800-530-7636 9-5 mt M-F

Thursday, May 16, 2013

My dog ate a Hot Wheels and crapped this out

Oh fuck,rat rod
Can you spot all the horrible-ness that is in this picture?

The front sleeved hole is one of my favorite features...cus it's soo pretty
or maybe it's the 3/8 plate cross member that hangs down lower then the frame rails?
Nope it is how the 6" tall rails tie into the 3" main rails..






I don't normally try to bash anyone on my blog.Notice I didn't mention a name?
But I get asked "can you build one like this" and they think that is cool stuff.
If I stabbed my eyes out with a rusty screwdriver and was drunk and underwater
ahh never mind.
But guys read some other magazines besides "Crap Rods" and ugly Bettie's
The Ford I-beam axle front end is a thing of beauty and grace.
But there is engineering going on there,follow the basic design principles
and you will have a good handling safe fun hot rod to drive.



 
Have a look at this rear "suspension"
the lower bars are welded to the rear end !
(I won't mention the entire fuel line is rubber hose) oops
This thing can't even say articulate
I'd like to see it drive up a driveway at a angle
(I have seen it stuck on a parking lot crown)
If it wasn't for the rubber bushings in the coil over ends
it couldn't even move.
At least the pinion angle changes a lot ..gawd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something you want to add to one of my fantastic blog posts?
I need to approve it first.But go ahead chime in.
eriC