I'm here for you

RILEYAUTO@COMCAST.NET 1-800-530-7636 9-5 mt M-F

Monday, January 12, 2015

Front end Oops !

Stamped "Street Rodder" but I don't know more then that.

Look closely at this front end....
As a curved leaf spring compresses it gets flatter.
We all will agree to that right?
Well it also gets longer. (That's why you see shackles on leaf springs.)
But in this set up, as the spring compresses it will push on the bottom of the axle
Changing the caster as the axle goes up and down.
I don't know what they did (or even if this was finished) for steering.
That could get tricky too.
looks like it would have side steer. Every bump would jiggle the steering. ( I'm being nice)

The frame ends what 12 inches behind the axle.  Hey what about shocks ! ?
And where does the radiator go? Or headlights ?
If you know the issue this was in, let me know. Would like to see what this was all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something you want to add to one of my fantastic blog posts?
I need to approve it first.But go ahead chime in.
eriC