I'm here for you

RILEYAUTO@COMCAST.NET 1-800-530-7636 9-5 mt M-F

Monday, August 18, 2014

Intoducing " The farmers daughter" Model A sedan project.

Well I got this rough old Tudor from Matt last week (ish)
And figure I could do a series of short articles as I work on her.
Some things might be painfully obvious to some , but I do want to hit
on some real basic hot rod building tips.

At first look I was thinking just patch her up and wipe her down.
Upon further reflection...  ah I just can't work on rusty metal.
So it will be going to the sand blasters.
Before trucking her over to Colorado powder coat and sand blasting,
I have to strip her down to the last little bit.
Spent a couple hours today with a screwdriver and my torch.
Heat the screws up red hot and take em out.
On the drivers door managed to only break one off..
at least it's not all dented up

I think the farmer was mad

a few inches missing all the way around



artsy shot to pretty up the post


door handle is really stuck in the latch

the latch lost the fight

door all stripped down to the bare bones.
leaving it on the hinges, as not to piss off neighbors too bad
doing it in my driveway.. shh

some of the parts removed from what looked like a bare body

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something you want to add to one of my fantastic blog posts?
I need to approve it first.But go ahead chime in.
eriC