I'm here for you

RILEYAUTO@COMCAST.NET 1-800-530-7636 9-5 mt M-F

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Danger danger Axle

On a high buck 1932  I saw last weekend..
I know I've seen this before..
Check out the perch pin is 2" below scrub line ! 
and nylock on tie rod end that doesn't hit the nylon..
No grease zerks in the spindle
Hope he paid $20.00 for his "I'm a boner-head" t-shirt
 
That is one ugly welded up axle.
A dropped axle should be pretty (and strong)
 
Found pictures of a similar axle and how well it works..
(we replaced all the bad parts)
 
yes that is a huge crack going thru the axle
it had so much negative camber the tire was touching on one tread only
 
(my memory said this was a filled axle too..I was close)
Both are modified multi piece welded axles
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something you want to add to one of my fantastic blog posts?
I need to approve it first.But go ahead chime in.
eriC