I'm here for you

RILEYAUTO@COMCAST.NET 1-800-530-7636 9-5 mt M-F

Sunday, March 12, 2017

roving reporter , bag o'pinion


Well Jeremy went to Detroit and took some pictures for the blog.
First class all expenses paid trip I guess. ( who approved that?)

I'll give my opinions .. and I know you didn't ask for 'em.



 I like the 1930-31 Ford roadster body. This one is well built for sure.
But this one, close- but no cigar.
First, horrible choice of color.
Then you have the mixed message of parts.
The track roadster cowl steering ( which I hate on anything but a track roadster)
and the bad ass multi carb'd hemi with eight open pipes. (dirt dust blowing bastards)
And then the "they drive better" radial white walls.
Sorry turn signals on the cutesy headlights. Roadsters don't need no stinking turn signals.

The partial channel over the 1932 frame is great. (gets rid of the typical bed skirt look)
And keeping it true to the two colors is great.
For fuck sake paint the grill insert. Ugh.

This painted a old school red (yeah red) and change the tires
to black wall bias ply, maybe even cheater slicks.
(the yeah it drives like shit multiplier - too many carbs, open headers, slicks, cowl steering would all add up correctly)  Pair of magnesium Palamide's in the rear and chrome steelies in the front.
Now that would get you teddy bear at any state fair.

Another path you could take..  dual four barrel carbs, under car dual exhaust. Hudson steering box ?
And real 1940 Ford brakes.
3 piece hood full of louvers. Painted a deep blue/black.
Interior more of a parchment color, and wheels painted the same. With black wall Deluxe Champions

That's my bag o' nuts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something you want to add to one of my fantastic blog posts?
I need to approve it first.But go ahead chime in.
eriC